We have received many calls and emails from families and residents requesting visits during the holidays. Please know that every decision we make is very difficult for us when it involves restrictions of any kind for our residents and employees. Our goal is to do the very best we can to keep everyone safe and our Brandermill Woods Community COVID free. We understand that some things are out of our control, and when we do have a COVID case, it is our responsibility to do everything possible to contain it and keep it from spreading.
With some reservation and after further discussions with our Infection Control Preventionist, we have decided to allow visitors with restrictions, effective December 21, 2020.
Please be aware that we are discouraging visits due to the impact COVID is having in our state and nation and the increase in the risks to our residents and employees that visitors present.
The following protocols are required for all visitors:
· Each person would have to receive a negative COVID test result within 2 days of their arrival (suggesting rapid tests since PCR’s sometimes take 2-10 days for results)
· All visitors must be screened at the Clubhouse before entering any unit.
· Max of 4people - excluding resident
· Each person must wear a KN95 mask at all times. (Food Lion has the mask available)
· Visitors are not allowed in the common areas or Clubhouse restrooms.
· Resident would be required to quarantine 14-days after their guests depart.
Please notify Kristen Moore, Independent LivingAdministrator, prior to the visit to have your guest added to the approval list.
As always, if there is a development of new cases of COVID-19in our community, our visitation program and other processes will change immediately. You will be notified as soon as possible.