We’ve set out to redefine retirement in the Central Virginia area, and to do that, we’ve fashioned a community centered around lifestyle. A place where seniors can meet and mingle new friends, enjoy dining and date nights, take up watercolors—or anything else they envisioned for their retirement. As a continuing care community, we also offer degrees of health and other assistance so residents can remain in the community they know and love even as their needs shift.
Below is a survey of our levels of care and the peace of mind residents can take knowing we are here for them at every stage of retirement:
Independent Living Community
The heart of Brandermill Woods is our independent living community, where independent means independent. Our seniors are forging their own lives while taking advantage of our many amenities.
- Who it’s for: Seniors who want to enjoy all the benefits of retirement and make new friends in a warm, close-knit community.
- Level of care: Here, care is about lifestyle, whether it’s our maintenance-free cottages and apartments, fitness and fun at our new wellness center, or exclusive dining in our beautiful clubhouse.
- Service spotlight: “Maintenance-free” is music to our seniors’ ears. No more mowing lawns, blowing leaves, or shoveling snow. Instead, use your free time to go out for dinner with friends or take up a new hobby.
Assisted Living at The Chesterfield
The spacious and well-lit apartments in The Chesterfield offer the right blend of independence and care.
- Who it’s for: Residents who are still able and willing to live independently, but need assistance with certain daily activities.
- Level of care: Assisted living offers the independence of a private apartment, but the added benefit of daily care—medication management, help with dressing and bathing, physical therapy, and more.
- Service spotlight: With a licensed nurse on the premises 24 hours a day and call bells in each room and visiting area, our assisted living residents are well cared for at all times.
Memory Care at The Holly Inn
The Holly Inn offers residents suffering from memory loss a safe space to live, explore treatment options, and maintain an engaging and stimulating lifestyle.
- Who it’s for: Residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Level of care: Our memory care staff is specially trained in cognitive disorders, and care for our residents 24 hours a day.
- Service spotlight: Our residents enjoy a private apartment but with structured daily schedules and around-the-clock care from a well-trained staff.
Skilled Care at The Haven
Whether our residents need short-term rehabilitative medical care or are transitioning into nursing or end-of-life care, they receive the same services they have always enjoyed.
- Who it’s for: Residents who need specialized care and monitoring, whether it’s for rehabilitation or end-of-life care.
- Level of care: The Haven is a 60-bed licensed nursing facility offering nursing care, therapeutic recreation, and careful medical monitoring.
- Service spotlight: Our nurses work closely with residents, their physicians and families to create an individualized plan of care while ensuring each resident is able to live in dignity, comfort and security.