The following protocol is in effect for the Independent Living campus. Dining-specific protocol remains uploaded on Resident Apps under the Dining Info icon. We follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop our protocols. As the guidance and regulations change, we will adjust our protocol. Stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 for updates.
- Effective October 1, all staff, caregivers and health aides must be fully vaccinated to work on our property. They must screen at the kiosk and show their vaccination card or a picture of their vaccination card to the Front Desk prior to going to a resident unit. Residents should verify that their hired caregivers are vaccinated.
- Everyone on property is required to wear masks in common shared areas regardless of their vaccination status. Staff, contractors, caregivers and therapists will wear masks in resident units, too. Contractors working outside do not have to wear masks if they aren’t in close contact with residents.
- ONLY visitors who are vaccinated are permitted in common shared areas, and they must show vaccination card to the Front Desk and wear a mask before going to common areas.
- Unvaccinated visitors should wear a KN95 or N95 mask while on campus. Residents must accompany their visitors at all times.
- Visitors are not allowed in Dining Rooms, the Pool or the Fitness Center because masks are removed in these areas.
- Vaccinated visitors for the Cottages don’t need to screen at the kiosk in the Clubhouse, but if they are not vaccinated they will need to continue screening at the kiosk.
Guidelines for visiting The Health Care Community are different than Independent Living. Please refer to the website, www.brandermillwoods.com to see the current visitation policy at The HCC.
Please remember, even if someone is vaccinated, they can still contract COVID-19. If you have the following symptoms: fever, sneezing, headache, runny nose, weak/tired, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses. Do not visit any common areas while experiencing these symptoms. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore at 521-8273. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.