The current modified Step 1 protocol will continue through February 7, 2021.
The protocol below is effective February 8, 2021. Please read thoroughly as there are many changes from the current protocol. Changes may be made if our COVID-19 status changes. We will reevaluate on February 19, 2021. Stay tuned to BWTV channel 970.
Off-Site and Local Travel Guidelines
- Residents may leave campus for stores, businesses and medical appointments since they are mandated by social distancing and mask wearing. Visits to family/friends off-site in a non-mandated environment (i.e. a home), will require a 14-day quarantine period upon returning to campus. Of course, we can’t prohibit you from leaving the property, however, if you make the choice to visit family/friends, then we will be required to quarantine you upon your return in order to protect the community and your neighbors. Contact Kristen to arrange.
- What does quarantine mean? The resident will stay in their unit (porch is allowed; if it’s a shared porch, masks must be worn) during the 14-day period. The resident can walk around the outside community grounds with a face mask and following social distancing but not walk in the common areas. Housekeeping, maintenance and therapy will not be allowed in the unit. Meals will be delivered, and the delivery charge is waived. Mail will be delivered. Arrange with Kristen if you have a package or mail that needs to be mailed out. Residents in apartments may place trash outside their door Mon-Fri from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00p.m. Essential trips to grocery stores, pharmacy, medical appointments or banks are allowed on your own. BW transportation cannot be used during quarantine.
- We will maintain staff at the front of the community to monitor approved guests and residents leaving campus.
- Transportation: Medical Appointments, Pharmacies, Banks, Grocery Shopping trips and Shuttle will continue. Shuttle Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- To sign up for grocery shopping, banks or pharmacy outings, please call the Front Desk at least 24 hours before outings to ensure transport. Residents going in our vehicles are required to wear a face mask, and the driver will take temperatures upon departure. If driving on your own, please practice social distancing and wear a face mask as needed.
Medically Necessary Approved Visitors
- Medically necessary visitors are allowed inside units and must screen at the kiosk at the Clubhouse after arriving on campus. Medically necessary includes medicine management and direct personal care. They must show Front Desk staff their negative COVID result within 7 days and wear a KN95.
- Residents must call the Front Desk to add their approved medically necessary visitor to the list. Residents do not have to call to add Home Health/Hospice or Caregiving Agencies.
- Residents do not need to call to add people who would need to enter in case of emergency; only current medically necessary visitors should be added to the approved list.
- We are requiring weekly COVID-19 negative test results from any caregiver, medically approved visitors and therapists who enter our property. Results from within the last 7 days must be shown to the Receptionist/Security every time they arrive for a shift and get screened. For your convenience, Brandermill Woods staff can administer the test for private caregivers or family members who serve as medically necessary caregivers only on Wednesdays from 9:30 –10:30 a.m. in the Wellness Clinic. Caregivers who work for an agency will arrange their own testing. This requirement will continue until at least March 11. Please contact our Wellness nurses at ext. 203, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m. if you have further questions.
- Please note that weekly testing and KN95 masks will still be required regardless if the person has received both doses of the vaccine.
- We will be requiring all caregivers, medically approved visitors and therapists to wear an KN95 mask before entering any building or unit.
- Dog walkers and people taking residents to appointments don’t have to be on the approved list or tested if they don’t enter the buildings or units. They will just need to be screened at the kiosk when they come on property and must wear a mask.
- Families/friends dropping off food/gifts at a Cottage (may not enter) don’t have to be screened at the Clubhouse since they aren’t entering the unit.
- Vendors arranged by residents to visit their units (i.e. cable company, computer repair companies, etc.) must screen at the Clubhouse and wear a KN95 mask. Please remember to keep your distance, and wear a mask while they’re in your unit. Residents should not schedule vendors while on quarantine.
- Outside Specialists are permitted with a negative COVID test within 7 days of their shift. This includes the Audiologist, Podiatrist, as well as Nail and Hair Technicians. All Specialists are screened, temperatures taken, proper PPE worn and including extra time in between appointments to fully sanitize the area.
Visitation Update and Guidelines
We will continue to allow outside visitors with restrictions.
Please be aware that we are discouraging visits due to the impact COVID is having in our state and nation and the increase in the risks to our residents and employees that visitors present.
The following protocols are required for all visitors:
- YOU MUST CALL THE FRONT DESK TO ADD YOUR VISITOR TO THE APPROVED LIST
- Each person would have to receive a negative COVID test result within 2 days of their arrival (suggesting rapid tests since PCR’s sometimes take 2-10 days for results)
- All visitors must be screened at the Clubhouse before entering any unit.
- Max of 4 people- excluding resident
- Each person must wear a KN95 mask at all times.
- Visitors are not allowed in the common areas.
- Resident would NOT be required to quarantine 14-days after their guests depart.
- A large banner stating NO VISITORS will remain at the front of the community until we are fully open to visitors without reservations or restrictions. If you see someone and you’re concerned they shouldn’t be on property or you see someone entering a door other than the Clubhouse main entrance, please call the Front Desk. During non-business hours, the Clubhouse Front Door Main Entrance is locked. Residents may enter with a fob during non-business hours.
- Residents may visit each other’s units as long as neither are on quarantine. Please remember to wear masks and social distance.
Although the weather isn’t ideal, we will offer outdoor visits by reservation only. Please call Amy Willmarth at 744-1173 ext. 303 or email at email@example.com to schedule.
- Reservations will be taken Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Reservations available every day.
- 2-4 visitors are allowed at a time, depending on the location.
- Visitors to residents who live in the Cottages may visit in their driveway or front yard (not inside the Cottage, on the porch or in the garage) – still abiding by the 6’ social distance and masks.
- There are 5 outdoor locations for scheduled visits with residents residing in the Apartments: the West Addition porch, the Johns’ Garden, the Wellness Center, porch, the deck off of the Lounge, the covered area by the Courtyard between the A and B Buildings
- Please disinfect the area at the conclusion of your visit.
- Masks should be worn by residents and visitors at all times.
- A copy of the Visitation Reservation List will be provided to the Front Desk.
- All visitors who have made a reservation must be screened at the Front Entrance Clubhouse doors when arriving on campus. (negative COVID results are not required for outdoor visits)
- Although residents are allowed to have visitors on-campus during scheduled times, the 14-day quarantine protocol remains for residents who choose to go off-campus to visit family/friends.
- Dine-in breakfast Monday – Saturday: 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.; no carry-out or reservations
- Dine-in lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 7:00p.m.; reservations required for dinner
- Carry-Out lunch and dinner Monday –Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Carry-Out brunch Sunday and holidays 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Carry-out only
- Call extension 252 to order a carry-out meal. Allow 15-20 minutes until your meal will be ready. Please allow the servers to hand you the to-go meals in the alcove opposite The Bistro. Delivery, for a charge, is available for those unable to pick-up. Residents must wear a mask to pick-up meals. If you’ve reached the voicemail on the to-go extensions, please don’t leave a message. Please call back.
- Residents MUST call the RESERVATION LINE at ext. 405, between 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or email Katie firstname.lastname@example.org up to a week in advance and no later than the day prior to the desired day in order to reserve a table.
- We will allow 2 residents per table for reservations.
- We will be serving with regular plates and silverware for dine-in service. We will continue to use individual condiment packets with paper dinner napkins and notable cloths in the dining rooms to allow for proper sanitization between guests.
- Residents are required to wear their masks until seated and when they leave the table for any reason.
- We strongly discourage residents from arriving early to their reservation, and please remember social distancing rules apply while dining.
- The Grab n’ Go will be open during dining hours.
- Happy Hour remains discontinued.
- The coffee machines in the Bistro will be available (no other common area coffee machines will be available).
- If you have any dining questions, please contact Steven (ext. 284) or Katie (ext.276).
- The Fitness Center is open for residents. Genesis Therapy is using the Fitness Center from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. daily with residents receiving therapy services, so it is not available during these times. We would ask that everyone wear a mask while entering the Clubhouse, and residents should check their temperature prior to leaving their unit or at the Clubhouse front doors. Once inside the Fitness Center, masks are not necessary during your workout, but we are asking that you adhere to social distancing guidelines. Our team will be conducting extra cleaning on site which may cause a few delays from time to time so please be patient. Reservations are not required; however, we will ask that you clean the equipment you use afterwards.
- A limited number of fitness classes are offered in the Meeting Room. Participation will be limited to 10 people for Powercize, Stretch and Tone, Line Dance, Mat Challenge and Balance Class. Arthritis Class and Leg Works will extend to 15 residents with masks required. Reservations are required by calling ext. 204.
- A limited number of pool classes are offered. Participation will be limited to 5residents per class. We also offer free swim to those who want to participate in their own workout. To make a reservation, call ext. 204 the day before the class you would like to attend. All changing rooms in the locker room are open. Please sanitize before and after use with the supplies available in each room.
- Our instructors will continue to take everyone’s temperature prior to the class. Anyone with a temperature above 99.6 will be denied entry. To participate in one of our indoor fitness classes, call ext. 204 the day before the class you would like to attend.
- Brandermill Walkers has been discontinued.
- Parkinson’s Dance Group will resume. Yoga will resume at a later date. See the calendar and BWTV channel 970 for days/times.
- One-on-one sessions with Jess and Chase have been discontinued.
- Genesis Therapy services may be held in the Fitness Center from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. daily.
- February’s Chat with Charmaine will be recorded and shown on BWTV at 2:00, 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. and then uploaded on Resident Apps.
- Activities that require shared game pieces remain suspended. However, other resident group activities such as support groups, book club, readers theater, etc. may resume with a max of 10 people.
- Movies will be shown with a max occupancy of 10 residents.
- Residents attending the resident group activities or movies should get their temperatures checked either before leaving their unit or at the Clubhouse Front Door prior to attending the activity. Call ext. 209 to reserve a spot for a movie or activities that require reservations. Masks, 6’ distancing and sanitizing the area after each use will be required for all group activities. Neglect of these rules may result in suspension of the activity.
- Sunday Church services in the Meeting Room will resume with 6’ distancing. Reservations not required.
- The Art Room is available for individual art projects. No more than 5 residents at a time. Peggy Healy has returned and is currently only working with residents who have current projects in the making, and Santa DeHaven’s return date is TBD.
- The Craftshop is open to for 3 residents at a time. Masks required, 6’ distancing.
- The Brandermill Woods Library is open.
- Community shared puzzle tables will remain closed. Puzzles are available for residents to take to their units. See Activities.
- Guest quarters will remain closed.
- Residents who live in the Apartments will continue picking up packages and food drop-offs at the Front Desk.
- Face Masks are required for all staff and residents anywhere in the buildings. Please remember to cover your nose and mouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone. Masks remain required even after the second dose of the vaccine is administered.
- Maintenance: All work orders will be scheduled, except for residents on quarantine. Call Louise at ext. 285 to place a work order.
- Housekeeping: Service hours and cleaning units will resume, except for residents on quarantine.
- If you have a billing question for Accounting, please visit or call ext. 278 (Kendall), 279 (Danita), 253 (Cary) or 407 (Mamie).
- Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
Hair stylist, Elaine is taking appointments Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please call ext. 259 to make a hair appointment.
- For Monday appointments, residents can make individual appointments with Stefanie (hair stylist) by calling 873-3369 or Marcie (nail specialist) by calling 237-2355.
- Temperatures will be taken at the Salon.
- Masks are required to enter the Salon and must be worn throughout the service.
- Two appointments are allowed per service provider at a time, so stylists can work with two residents at a time.
- A limited number of appointments will be taken per day to ensure our stylists can fully sanitize after each customer.
- Please do not arrive early to your appointment; only two residents will be allowed in the Salon at a time.
If you think you may have a fever or COVID-19 symptoms, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses.
We are updated daily from the CDC and VA Department of Health regarding this virus and will continue to update you as needed. Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 as we will continue to provide updates as we receive them. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore, ILU Administrator at 521-8273. Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.