The protocol below is effective Thursday, March 11. Please carefully read all sections as there are many changes from the last protocol dated February 22. We followed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Governor’s Executive Order to develop our protocols. As their guidance and regulations change, we will adjust our protocol. Stay tuned to BWTV channel 970.
- All residents may leave campus for stores, businesses, church, and medical appointments since they are mandated by social distancing and mask-wearing.
- Visits to family/friends off-site in a non-mandated environment (i.e. a home), will be permitted without quarantine IF the resident is fully vaccinated (2 weeks since the second dose). It does not matter if the people the resident is visiting are vaccinated. The vaccinated resident will not be quarantined.
- If a resident is not fully vaccinated and visits family/friends off-site in a non-mandated environment (i.e. a home), then a 14-day quarantine period upon returning to campus will occur. Of course, we can’t prohibit residents from leaving the property; however, if residents choose to visit family/friends without being vaccinated, then the resident will be required to quarantine upon return to protect the community and neighbors. Contact Kristen to arrange.
- If a vaccinated resident comes into contact with a COVID positive person, they do not have to quarantine. If a non-vaccinated resident comes into contact with a COVID positive person, they will have to quarantine for 14-days to protect other non-vaccinated people. Contact Kristen for quarantine protocol
- Transportation: Medical Appointments, Pharmacies, Banks, Grocery and additional Shopping Center trips and Shuttle have resumed. Shuttle Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- To sign up for shopping, banks, or pharmacy outings, please call the Front Desk at least 24 hours before outings to ensure transport. Please check your temperature before departure.
- For vaccinated residents, all visitors are allowed including medically necessary, friends/family, and vendors regardless if the visitor is vaccinated. Visitors do not need a negative COVID test to enter.
For non-vaccinated residents:
- Medically necessary caregivers who are fully vaccinated do not need to be tested before entering. They would only need to wear a KN95 mask and show their CDC Vaccination card.
- Medically necessary caregivers who are not fully vaccinated would need to be COVID tested within 7 days of their shift. If the caregiver works for an agency, the company is responsible for providing the COVID test. If the caregiver is private, contact Kristen to arrange to test.
- Family/friend visitors who are not fully vaccinated would need to receive a negative COVID test within 2 days of their arrival and wear a KN95 mask.
- Family/friend visitors who are fully vaccinated do not need to be tested before entering. They would only need to wear a KN95 mask.
- The resident would not quarantine after their guest departs.
- All visitors who enter units must screen at the kiosk at the Clubhouse after arriving on campus and wear a mask.
- Residents no longer need to call the Front Desk to add their visitors to the approved list.
- There is no limit on the number of visitors you may have in your unit. Please continue to social distance.
- Visitors are not allowed in interior common areas including the dining rooms. Visitors may walk around outside the campus grounds. Masks are suggested.
- Vendors arranged by residents to visit their units (i.e. cable company, computer repair companies, etc.) must screen at the Clubhouse and wear a mask. A KN95 mask should be worn by vendors visiting non-vaccinated residents. Please remember to keep your distance, and wear a mask while they’re in your unit. Residents should not schedule vendors while on quarantine.
- Outside Specialists are permitted and do not require a negative COVID test regardless of their vaccination status. This includes the Audiologist, Podiatrist, as well as Nail and Hair Technicians. Fully vaccinated specialists can wear any style mask, and non-vaccinated Specialists will wear a KN95 mask.
- The large banner stating NO VISITORS at the front of the community will be removed. If you see someone and you’re concerned they shouldn’t be on the property, please call the Front Desk.
- Residents may visit each other’s units as long as neither is on quarantine.
- Gator masks and scarves are not approved masks.
- Residents who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks when walking around common areas although it is suggested. Non-vaccinated residents will continue to wear masks. We suggest a KN95 mask for residents who aren’t fully vaccinated to better protect themselves.
- For groups where residents sit within 6’ of each other (i.e. cards, puzzles, coloring), and all are fully vaccinated, then residents don’t have to wear masks. If one resident isn’t vaccinated, then all residents will wear a mask (because of the proximity).
- For groups where residents sit 6’+ apart (arthritis class, support groups, movies, council, etc.) and all are fully vaccinated, then residents don’t have to wear masks. If one resident isn’t vaccinated then that resident(s) will wear a mask. This is for the protection of the non-vaccinated resident(s).
- All employees will continue to wear masks regardless of their vaccination status.
- Dine-in breakfast Monday – Saturday: 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.; no carry-out or reservations
- Dine-in lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.; reservations required for dinner
- Carry-Out lunch and dinner Monday – Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Carry-Out brunch Sunday and holidays 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Carry-out only.
- Call extension 252 to order a carry-out meal. Allow 15-20 minutes until your meal will be ready. Please allow the servers to hand you the to-go meals in the alcove opposite The Bistro. Delivery, for a charge, is available for those unable to pick-up. If you’ve reached the voicemail on the to-go extensions, please don’t leave a message. Please call back.
- We will allow up to 6 residents per table for reservations.
- Starting March 17, Happy hour will resume on Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00 – 5:00p.m. in the Lounge. Call Katie at ext. 276 to make a reservation. Seating is limited.
- All coffee stations will be open.
- Starting April 8, Oscar’s will reopen two days per week. There will be a limited menu. Please call ext. 405 for reservations and leave a message.
- Starting April 4 (Easter Sunday), Sunday brunch will be available for dine-in service. Please call ext. 405 for reservations and leave a message. We will still offer a limited set to-go menu for residents requesting carry-out.
- Residents MUST call the RESERVATION LINE at ext. 405 or email Katie at email@example.com up to a week in advance and no later than the day before the desired day to reserve a table.
- Non-vaccinated residents are required to wear their masks until seated and when they leave the table for any reason.
- We strongly discourage residents from arriving early to their reservations to avoid crowding.
- The Grab n’ Go will be open during dining hours.
- If you have any dining questions, please contact Steven (ext. 284) or Katie (ext. 276).
- The Fitness Center is open for residents. Genesis Therapy is using the Fitness Center from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. daily with residents receiving therapy services, and we will permit 2 additional residents who aren’t in therapy to use the Fitness Center during this time. The max occupancy in the Fitness Center is 6. Residents should check their temperature before leaving their unit or at the Clubhouse front doors. Masks are not necessary during your workout, but we are asking that you adhere to social distancing. Reservations are not required; however, we will ask that you clean the equipment you use afterward.
- A limited number of fitness classes are offered in the Meeting Room. Participation will be limited to 15 people for Powercize, Stretch and Tone, Line Dance, Mat Challenge, and Balance Class. Arthritis Class and Leg Works will extend to 20 residents. Reservations are required by calling ext. 204 between 8:00 – 3:00 the day before the class offered. Monday class reservations must be made on Friday.
- A limited number of pool classes are offered. Participation will be limited to 6 residents per class. We also offer free swim to those who want to participate in their workout. To make a reservation, call ext. 204 between 8:00 – 3:00 the day before the class you would like to attend. All changing rooms in the locker room are open. Please sanitize before and after use with the supplies available.
- Our instructors will continue to take everyone’s temperature before the class. Anyone with a temperature above 99.6 will be denied entry.
- Brandermill Walkers, Parkinson’s Dance Group, and Yoga will resume.
- One-on-one sessions with Jess and Chase remain discontinued.
- Genesis Therapy services may be held in the Fitness Center from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. daily.
- Residents attending the resident group activities or movies should get their temperatures checked either before leaving their unit or at the Clubhouse Front Door before attending the activity. Call ext. 209 to reserve a spot for a movie or activities that require reservations.
- Tuesday Activities trips will resume in April. Call ext. 209 to reserve a spot.
- Outdoor events and concerts will resume in April, with limited attendance depending on the Governor’s mandated updates.
- March’s Chat with Charmaine will be recorded and shown on BWTV at 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 p.m. and then uploaded on Resident Apps. If the governor increases group sizes to more than 10, Chat in April may be available in person.
- All indoor activities (i.e. games, support groups, book club, movies, etc.) have resumed with a max of 10 people per the Governor.
- Sunday Church services in the Meeting Room will resume with 6’ distancing. Reservations are not required.
- The Art Room is available for individual art projects. No more than 5 residents at a time. Peggy Healy has returned and is currently only working with residents who have current projects in the making, and Santa DeHaven’s return date is TBD.
- The Craftshop is open to 6 residents at a time with 6’ distancing.
- The Guest quarters will resume on April 1. Call Stephanie at ext. 301 to make reservations. If guests are fully vaccinated, they will show proof of their vaccination to the Front Desk upon arrival. If guests are not fully vaccinated, they will need to show a negative COVID test within 2 days of their arrival. The style of mask is determined by the resident’s vaccination status.
- Maintenance, Housekeeping, Front Desk, and Wellness Nurses: Service Hours continue as usual.
- Hairstylist, Elaine is taking appointments Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please call ext. 259 to make a hair appointment. For Monday appointments, residents can make individual appointments with Stefanie (hair stylist) by calling 873-3369 or Marcie (nail specialist) by calling 237-2355.
If you think you may have a fever or COVID-19 symptoms, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore at 521-8273. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.