We are very pleased to inform you that Chesterfield County’s positivity rate on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website, updated today, has been below 5% for two weeks in a row. At this time we are implementing the following changes at The Haven, Assisted Living, and Memory Care communities.
- Effective immediately: Offsite outings – Call Nurses Station in advance to schedule.
- Vaccinated Residents can go offsite with Family, if less than 24 hours, no COVID test will be required.
- Vaccinated Residents can go offsite for overnight visits. The resident will be COVID tested upon return.
- Effective immediately: Food and Drinks are allowed for a visit with a vaccinated resident.
- On Saturday, May 29, 2021, visits will increase to 1 hour in duration for all resident visits.
- For our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, please continue to email Trisha Pedersen at email@example.com to schedule a visit. All weekend visitors will use the Holly Inn entrance.
- To schedule visits for a resident who resides in our Nursing facility, The Haven, please go to our website www.brandermillwoods.com homepage and click the pop-up (displayed above) on the bottom left to schedule an appointment.
- On June 1, 2021, we will begin scheduling in-room visits for all vaccinated residents who reside in a single-person room in the 100 and 200 Halls in The Haven. These additional calendars are currently being developed and will be available soon for scheduling on our website. Residents who share a room will continue outdoor visits or visits in the Florida Room, which is our designated indoor location, and you can enter the building through The Haven entrance.
We continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations from the Virginia Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the CMS. We must consider how the number of visitors per resident at one time and the total number of visitors in the facility at one time (based on the size of the building and physical space) may affect the ability to maintain the core principles of infection prevention.
Please see the attached revised Guidelines for Visitation at the Health Care Community.
The Management Team has been working very hard to develop this next phase in reopening. We all want nothing more than to return to pre-COVID practices and are very excited as we move forward.