To all Independent Living Community residents:
Thank you, Mother Nature for reminding us to stop and enjoy the beauty of the world around us today!
As of today, the COVID-19 positivity rate has increased to 22.05% in Chesterfield County. Currently, we have six (6) employees at ILU and three (3) Health Care employees who have tested COVID positive and are quarantined at home.
Four (4) of our Independent Living residents have tested positive for COVID-19. The residents are at home quarantined for 10 days from the date of the positive test result. We have completed all of the contact tracings of residents and employees and have notified those who were potentially exposed.
Please remember dining rooms are closed and we are offering to-go meals from The Bistro only until January 10, 2022. Oscars will not be offering any to-go meals at this time.
The best way to protect yourself is to follow the core principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention.
- Be vaccinated for COVID-19 and get a booster shot when you are eligible.
- CMS recommends that everyone wear a mask in public, indoor settings.
- Avoid crowded spaces or spaces with poor ventilation or wear a mask in these spaces.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- Follow CDC travel guidance.
- Follow quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with COVID-19.
Please contact your doctor and then the Wellness Nurses if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, sore throat, severe lingering headache, sinus/head pressure, head congestion, runny nose, nausea, cough, and fatigue. Also, contact our Wellness Nurses if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID.
Your patience continues to be appreciated!!!!