Health Care Community
As the holiday season draws near, our Management Team is trying to accommodate additional visitation at The Haven, Assisted Living and Memory Care Communities. We have started receiving many questions and want to assure you all that we know the pandemic is not over, and we have to remain vigilant in following the same rules that have kept our residents and employees safe.
We are considering additional dedicated indoor locations for visits and bringing back outdoor visits to accommodate families who are traveling from out of town for the holidays.
Our Guidelines for Indoor Visitation dated 11/6/2020 will apply throughout the holiday season. However, a new guideline is that residents who leave our community for non-medical reasons will be required to quarantine for 14 days along with all members of that residence. Resident will have to be tested on day 14 and provide a negative test result prior to returning to the community.
Also, visitors who are using commuter transportation will NO longer be required to quarantine for 14 days, but must provide a negative COVID-19 test result prior to your scheduled visit. For your convenience, Brandermill Woods staff can administer a rapid test for a fee of $75 to be charged to the resident account. All out of state visitors must wear an N95 mask during their visits.
We have provided a link on our website, https://www.brandermillwoods.com and Family apps to schedule visits. The schedule will be updated as we add new visit locations. We do not allow for recurring visits due to the limited visits allowed each day. Our visits have been going smoothly, and it is wonderful to observe the joy our residents receive from visits with family.
Please remember that restrooms will not be available for visitors. No children under the age of 12 years old and no pets are permitted to visit. Please respect our 6 feet indicators when arriving to check in for your visit and wear a mask. A copy of the revised Guidelines for Indoor Visitation is attached for your convenience.
It is with great pride that we inform you that All COVID test results from Monday, November 2, 2020 employee testing were negative. We will continue to test all employees/vendors at our Health Care Community based on the positivity rate in the county, per CMS guidelines. As projected, the positivity rate reported this week has increased for Chesterfield County to 9.1%; therefore, we will continue our weekly testing for all employees/vendors of the Health Care Community on Monday, November 9, 2020. Once the positivity rate drops below 5%, we will go to testing employees once a month.
As always, if there is a development of new cases of COVID-19 in our community, our visitation program and other processes will change immediately. You will be notified as soon as possible.
We appreciate your continued patience as we find a way to expand our options as able. Your support and cooperation are paramount to the success of our visitation program and keeping our community COVID-19 free.
Guidelines for Indoor Visitation:
Please do not visit if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or other new signs of illness.
Indoor visitation privileges are contingent upon following the requirements below, which reflect the measures Brandermill Woods has deemed necessary to protect the health and safety of the Brandermill Woods residents and staff:
Please read the Coronavirus basic information below:
- Social distancing of six feet must be maintained between the visitor and resident. There can be NO physical contact between the visitor and resident.
- There will be NO more than (2) visitors per resident visit.
- All visitors must have their temperature < 99.6. If visitors have any positive answers to the screening form they will not be permitted to visit. Any visitor assessed as unwell by a licensed nurse must leave Brandermill Woods immediately.
- All visits are monitored by staff, and the monitor is responsible for providing reminders and feedback to the visitor as necessary to maintain resident’s safety. The monitor may end any visit if they determine that the resident or visitor’s behavior is compromising health and safety.
- All visitors must supply and wear a face mask and sanitize their hands upon arrival to Brandermill Woods. You may not enter the building without a face mask.
- Visitors must go directly to the designated visitation area. NO visitation can take place outside of that area and you may NOT have contact with other residents.
- There can be no eating or drinking during the visit. Your face mask must stay in place and cover both your nose and mouth at all times. Removal of a face mask will result in the immediate end of your visit.
- Visitors are to observe the time limitations of the scheduled visit. This permits other residents and visitors the opportunity to share the visitation experience.
Thank you for adhering to our guidelines for the safety of residents and staff,
The team at Brandermill Woods