Health Care Community
The Brandermill Woods management team is happy to announce that beginning Monday, October 19,2020, we will permit indoor visits at The Haven, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities by reservation only. Outdoor visits will no longer be available. Our team used a meticulous process, which includes appropriate infection control measures to design this program. We are very excited that our residents will be able to see family members and visitors indoors. Due to the current increase in COVID cases in surrounding facilities, we are being very cautious with our guidelines and limiting our schedule.We appreciate your patience as we navigate these unchartered times.
We will have two dedicated indoor locations for visits, and visitors will not be allowed in the resident’s rooms. Visitors of residents of The Haven will use the Florida Room and enter the building at The Haven.Visitors for residents of the Assisted Living and Memory Care will use the Parlor near the Information Desk and use that entrance. Visits will be 1 hour in duration at 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Visitors from out of state must provide a negative COVID-19 test result prior to your scheduled visit.Visitors who are using commuter transportation will have to quarantine for 14 days and get tested for COVID-19 on the 14th day, as well as provide us with a copy of a negative COVID-19 test result prior to your scheduled visit. For your convenience, Brandermill Woods staff can administer a rapid test for a fee of $75 to be charged to the resident account.
We will provide a link on our website, https://www.brandermillwoods.com and Family apps to schedule visits. We will not be setting up recurring visits due to the limited visits allowed each day. We want all our residents to have the opportunity to have visits with family.
Restrooms will not be available for visitors. No children under the age of 12 years old and no pets are permitted to visit. Please respect our 6 feet indicators when arriving to check in for your visit and wear a mask. A copy of the Guidelines for Indoor Visitation is attached for your convenience.
Brandermill Woods will continue to test all employees/vendors at our Health Care Community based on the positivity rate in the county, per CMS guidelines. The positivity rate reported this week has decreased for Chesterfield County to 5.6%; therefore, we will continue our weekly testing for all employees/vendors of the Health Care Community on Monday, October 19, 2020. Once the positivity rate drops below 5%, we will go to testing employees once a month.
Independent Living Community
A no-touch temperature kiosk has been installed at the Clubhouse Main Entrance Front Door. This new safety system will monitor temperatures, ask screening questions and ensure face masks, before gaining entrance into the Clubhouse. We will continue to station staff at the Front Door through the weekend in order to assist residents and visitors entering the community. Please refer to our Protocol Updates on October 15, 2020 on our website Blog.
If there is a development of new cases of COVID-19 in our community, our visitation program and other processes will change immediately. You will be notified as soon as possible.
Your support and cooperation are paramount to the success of our visitation program and keeping our community COVID-19 free.
Guidelines for Indoor Visitation:
Indoor visitation privileges are contingent upon following the requirements below, which reflect the measures Brandermill Woods has deemed necessary to protect the health and safety of the Brandermill Woods residents and staff:
Please read the Coronavirus basic information below:
- Social distancing of six feet must be maintained between the visitor and resident. There can be NO physical contact between the visitor and resident.
- There will be NO more than (2) visitors per resident visit.
- All visitors must have their temperature < 99.6. If visitors have any positive answers to the screening form they will not be permitted to visit. Any visitor assessed as unwell by a licensed nurse must leave Brandermill Woods immediately.
- All visits are monitored by staff, and the monitor is responsible for providing reminders and feedback to the visitor as necessary to maintain resident’s safety. The monitor may end any visit if they determine that the resident or visitor’s behavior is compromising health and safety.
- All visitors must supply and wear a face mask and sanitize their hands upon arrival to Brandermill Woods. You may not enter the building without a face mask.
- Visitors must go directly to the designated visitation area or resident’s room. NO visitation can take place outside of that area and you may NOT have contact with other residents.
- There can be no eating or drinking during the visit. Your face mask must stay in place and cover both your nose and mouth at all times. Removal of a face mask will result in the immediate end of your visit.
- Visitors are to observe the time limitations of the scheduled visit. This permits other residents and visitors the opportunity to share the visitation experience.
Thank you for adhering to our guidelines for the safety of residents and staff,
The team at Brandermill Woods