May 2, 2022, Electrical Fire
Yesterday afternoon, May 2, 2022, we had a transformer blow up and knock out electricity to the Clubhouse and C Building. We also experienced flooding in some areas on the first floor of the C Building from the water that the fire department was spraying on the transformer.
All residents in the C Building were evacuated. We were informed by the Chesterfield Fire Marshall that C Building was not to be occupied until electricity could be restored. Their best estimate was 36 to 48 hours.
Dominion Power was notified by the fire department. They were onsite last night to remove the old transformer and delivered a new one to be connected. We immediately called our electrician and they worked through the night. Servpro was also called and began the restoration process on the first floor. Currently, our electrician is replacing all damaged wiring, and then Dominion Power will be onsite to connect the new transformer.
In regards to the apartments in the C Building, we are taking pictures of the contents in the refrigerators, removing and labeling medications that were in the refrigerators, and storing them for the residents. Team members will remove all contents from the refrigerators. We will be crediting all residents in the C Building $150.00 on the next statement to help offset your loss.
Residents who reside in the C Building can come to get personal items anytime. Please report to the Front Desk, and we will escort you to your apartment. We have been told if all goes as planned, residents should be able to return by Wednesday afternoon, May 4, 2022.
The Clubhouse is currently running on generator power only, so all activities, dining, and fitness classes will be canceled until further notice.
Please contact Kristen Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-521-8273 if you have any urgent concerns.