In order to protect our vulnerable population from COVID-19 and per CDC recommendations all of Brandermill Woods (Independent and Health Care Facilities) is restricting visitation to essential medical staff/personnel only until further notice.
We will be implementing the following protocol immediately and until further notice:
- We are restricting ALL visitors to our community unless medically necessary (i.e. home health assistance). Medically necessary visitors will be required to be screened.
- Any medically necessary visitors are not allowed to visit any of the common or dining areas.
The following applies to the Independent Living Campus only:
- We will be closing the West Addition entrance to medically necessary visitors. Residents may still use this entrance.
- Only residents will be served in the Dining Rooms and allowed to order to-go meals.
- If residents plan to travel anywhere or have traveled overseas, on a cruise or to California, Washington, Oregon and New York, please make Kristen aware. Residents may be required to quarantine themselves in their units for 14 days upon their return to assure they have no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Guest Quarter reservations and rollaway beds are discontinued until the end of May or until further notice. It is the resident’s responsibility to notify their family of our recommendation.
- Transportation to Medical Appointments, Pharmacies, Banks, Shopping trips and Shuttle will continue. All other transportation is cancelled (i.e. Tuesday trips, church, symphony, Brandermill Walkers, lunch and dinner out). In lieu of the Tuesday trips, we will be adding shopping trips at 1:00 p.m. for 3/17, 3/24, 3/31. See BWTV/Bugle for locations.
- We have cancelled the following Outside Entertainers and unnecessary visits from an outside vendor including: Art Factory, Painting and Drawing Classes, Pottery Classes, Chair Yoga, Parkinson’s Dance Group, Don Vaught, Computer Assistance. The following programs/performances have been cancelled:
3/11 – Nice Girls of Sweet Adeline Singers
3/13 – Don Irwin
3/15 – Bethia UMC
3/19 – Me and Martha
3/23 – Richmond Discoveries
3/24 – Barbara Martin
- We will NOT allow the following specialists on the community until further notice. This includes the Massage Therapist, Audiologist, Podiatrist, Nail and Hair Technicians.
- We WILL continue to offer on-site activities that are resident-only (unless symptoms arise on campus) i.e. Women’s Club (there will not be a speaker), Fitness Classes, Trivia, Happy Hour, Chat with Charmaine, Bible Study, Ted Fuson’s Baptist Church Service, Tea Drinkers (no speaker), bridge groups (excluding those who don’t live at Brandermill Woods), etc.
- Dining Services will only be offered to residents at this time.
Additionally, we are encouraging residents from the ILU not to visit The HCC, Haven and AIL at this time.
We are updated daily from the CDC and VA Department of Health regarding these viruses and will continue to update you as needed. Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please do not visit the common or dining areas. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.