Friendship is one of life’s most significant treasures. And during retirement, research has found time and time again that strong social support is a key to living our happiest, most fulfilled lives as we age.
When you move into a Continuing Care Retirement Community like Brandermill Woods, you want to make sure you will be able to forge those bonds that make life meaningful. That’s why our team has created a system for making the transition as smooth as possible—allowing new residents to meet others, make new connections and live a happy life.
Activities Director Willia Lloyd shares the ways in which Brandermill Woods will make you feel right at home. Here are just a few things you can expect upon moving into our community:
- Get acquainted with the campus: Upon arrival, a member of the marketing team will show you around, introduce you to other residents on campus and ensure you’re comfortable. Kristen Moore, the Independent Living Administrator, will also set up a time to meet with you to introduce herself and answer any questions you may have.
- Discover hospitality at its best: Rest assured that a hospitality committee member will be there to support you at every step along the way. They will meet with you, chat over a relaxed meal in the dining room and answer any questions you may have. They also keep in touch with you or check in with you until you’re comfortable with getting around the community. Many times this blooms into a wonderful long-term friendship.
- Gain an introduction to our services: After meeting with a member of our resident services team, you’ll have all the information on how to sign up for events and outings, dining hours and other pertinent information so you can experience the best that Brandermill Woods has to offer. On that note, an important benefit of friends in late adulthood is having company to enjoy all the activities you love.
- Enjoy the new resident meet and greet: If you’re concerned about making friends as an older adult, this informal social will help you to meet your new neighbors. Enjoy wine, cheese, and other refreshments. It's the perfect setting to introduce yourself and meet the staff.
- Be featured in our publication: New residents are announced in our resident-written and edited publication called the Banner, and once you agree, an interview will also be published. It’s the ideal conversation starter and a great way for everyone to get to know residents who move into Brandermill Woods.
To connect with old or new friends and make retirement the best time of your life, join us at Brandermill Woods!