Currently, our 14-day lockdown for our ILU Community is scheduled to go through December 15th. If our COVID-19 status changes, we will extend the lockdown date. Lockdown involves limiting your interaction with others, self-monitoring your symptoms and temperature and following all protocols.
Please see the changes in bold from the 12/2 memo.
We are asking all residents to self-monitor their symptoms and temperatures two times per day. Wellness nurses will not be available to assist with taking temperatures. If you have any of the following symptoms, please notify the Front Desk and your physician:
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o Fever above 99.6
o Chills/shaking with chills
o Green or yellow mucus or sinus congestion
o Muscle pain
o Sore throat
o New loss of taste or smell
We are required by the Chesterfield County HealthDepartment to document any resident or employee symptoms and dates for contact tracing.
Effective immediately the following is our updated protocol, items in bold are new or revised:
· Virtual visits only.Only medically necessary visitors allowed inside units. Residents must call theFront Desk to add their approved medically necessary visitor to the list. We will NOT be using our prior approved list. Residents do not have to call to addHome Health/Hospice or Caregiving Agencies, but they will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result within the last 7 days every time they are on campus.
· No outdoor visits during this time.
· We will be requiring weekly COVID-19 negative test results from any caregiver, medically approved visitors and therapists who enter our property. This test can be conducted on your own, or for your convenience, Brandermill Woods staff can administer the test for private caregivers or family members who serve as medically necessary caregivers only. Caregivers who work for an agency will arrange their own testing after the December 9th testing. Effective December 10, there will be no exceptions to this new protocol. Please contact ourWellness nurses at ext. 203, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. if you have further questions.
· Dog walkers will not have to be tested if they don’t enter the buildings or units. They will just need to be screened at the kiosk when they come on property.
· We will be requiring all caregivers, medically approved visitors and therapists to wear an KN95 mask before entering any building or unit.
· Caregivers and therapists who go to the Cottages MUST be screened at the Clubhouse prior to visiting and prove their negative test results.
· The West Addition is open to residents only. All others must enter through the Clubhouse entrance to be screened.
· For apartments only: all packages and food drop offs will be delivered by staff.
· We have suspended housekeeping services for 14 days, through December 20.
· Maintenance will be completing emergency work orders only.
· Transportation will continue to medical appointments and the scheduled store trips. Sign up by calling the Front Desk.
· Tuesday’s ActivitiesTrips will be cancelled.
· Shuttle hours: Monday -Friday 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
o Take-out only: 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday and 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
o Call ext. 252 to order meals. Take-out meals cannot be placed in person.
o Cottage meals can be picked up at the door to right of the main entrance outside of theLiving Room.
o Apartment meals can be picked up in the Living Room. Masks and social distancing is required.
- Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Therapy services will occur in units only.
- Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Fitness Classes are suspended and the Fitness Center will be closed.
- Pool is closed and classes suspended.
- All activities (resident run or Brandermill Woods run) suspended including gatherings in the Common Areas. Stay tuned to BWTV or refer to the Resident app for all cancellations.
- Library will be closed.
- Guest Quarters will be closed.
- Beauty Salon will be closed.
- Common area bathrooms will be open to Brandermill Woods staff and residents only.
- Accounting offices are closed: If you have a billing question for Accounting, please call ext. 278 (Kendall), 279 (Danita), 253 (Cary) or 407 (Mamie).
- Face Masks are required at all times for all staff, residents and approved visitors. Please remember to cover your nose and mouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone.
Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970, as well as our website. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them.
Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas.
Our goal is to contain the virus. To succeed, each of us must follow the updated protocols.
Thank you for your support and cooperation during this time.