The following protocol is in effect for the Independent Living campus. Dining - specific protocol distributed with the 2/10/22 Bugle is uploaded on Resident Apps under the Dining Info icon. We follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop our protocols. As the guidance and regulations change, we will adjust our protocol. Stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 for updates.
On February 4, 2022, the CDC updated vaccination recommendations for residents and Health Care providers. They are to remain up-to-date (which means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible depending on which manufacturer of vaccine you received) with all vaccine doses. We will begin using up-to-date in our protocols.
Effective Monday, February 21, 2022:
- All staff, caregivers, health aides and vendors must be vaccinated (per our 10/2/21 guidelines), and those going to a resident apartment must screen at the kiosk and show their vaccination card or a picture of their vaccination card to the Front Desk prior to going to a resident apartment.
- Vaccinated visitors, caregivers and health aides for the Cottages don’t need to screen at the kiosk in the Clubhouse, but if they are not vaccinated they will need to continue screening at the kiosk. Residents should verify that their hired caregivers are vaccinated.
- Contractors working outside do not have to wear masks if they aren’t in close contact with residents.
- Up-to-date residents and staff are no longer required to wear a mask. Residents and staff who are not up- to-date should continue to wear KN95 masks.
- Only up-to-date caregivers, health aides, vendors and visitors are permitted to be in common areas (i.e. dining, fitness, meeting rooms). They must show their vaccination card or a picture of it to the Front Desk in order to go to these areas. They’ll then receive a wristband and can choose if they want to remove their mask.
- Caregivers, health aides, vendors and visitors should continue to wear masks, if they aren’t up-to-date and check in at the Front Desk, and it is their responsibility to provide their own masks.
- Residents must accompany their visitors, caregivers and health aides at all times.
- Up-to-date visitors are permitted to dine in the dining areas (Oscars, The Bistro and the Lounge) after receiving their wristband at the Front Desk.
- As a reminder, parties of 5 or more must make a reservation at The Bistro. Oscars requires reservations. Reservations can be made for both dining rooms by calling ext. 405.
- See the full Dining Protocol attached to the February 10, 2022 Bugle and uploaded on Resident Apps under the Dining Info icon.
Guidelines for visiting The Health Care Community are different than Independent Living. Please refer to the website, www.brandermillwoods.com to see the current visitation policy at The HCC.
Please remember, even if someone is vaccinated, they can still contract COVID-19. If you have the following symptoms: fever, sneezing, headache, runny nose, weak/tired, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses. Do not visit any common areas while experiencing these symptoms. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore at 521-8273. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.