Effective immediately, we are on lockdown through December 15th or until further notice depending on our COVID-19 status. Lockdown involves limiting your interaction with others, self-monitoring your symptoms and temperature and following all protocols.
Yesterday evening, we were informed that one of the residents in Independent Living has tested positive for COVID-19. This resident lives in a Cottage and has not visited the Clubhouse in over two weeks. As you know, we also have two employee COVID-19 cases from the Maintenance Staff. This, along with Chesterfield County’s positivity rate increasing and the recent Thanksgiving holiday, has contributed to the lockdown through December 15th, or until further notice depending on our COVID-19 status.Our highest priority at the moment is to do all we can to ensure the safety of all of our residents and staff. We will be providing further updates as our plans moving forward are approved by the Health Department. Please check BWTV and the resident app for updates.
We are asking all residents to self-monitor their symptoms and temperatures two times per day. Wellness nurses will not be available to assist with taking temperatures. If you have any of the following symptoms, please notify the Front Desk and your physician:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever above 99.6
- Chills/shaking with chills
- Green or yellow mucus or sinus congestion
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
We are required by the Chesterfield County Health Department to document any resident or employee symptoms and dates for contact tracing.
Effective immediately the following is our updated protocol, items in bold are new or revised:
- Virtual visits only. Only medically necessary visitors allowed inside units. Residents must call the Front Desk to add their approved medically necessary visitor to the list. We will NOT be using our prior approved list. Residents do not have to call to add Home Health/Hospice or Caregiving Agencies.
- No outdoor visits during this time.
- We will be requiring weekly COVID-19 negative test results from any caregiver, medically approved visitor, therapists and dog walkers who enter our property. This test can be conducted on your own, or for your convenience, Brandermill Woods staff can administer the test for a charge. Please contact our Wellness nurses at ext. 203, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. if you need information or need to be tested.
- We will be requiring all caregivers, medically approved visitors, therapists and dog walkers to wear an KN95 mask before entering any building or unit.
- Caregivers, therapists and dog walkers who go to the Cottages MUST be screened at the Clubhouse prior to visiting.
- The West Addition is open to residents only. All others must enter through the Clubhouse entrance to be screened.
- For apartments only: all packages and food drop offs will be delivered by staff.
- Maintenance will be completing emergency work orders only.
- Transportation will continue to medical appointments and the scheduled store trips on Wednesday and Friday. Sign up by calling the Front Desk.
- Tuesday’s Activities Trips will be cancelled.
- Shuttle hours: Monday -Friday 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Take-out only: 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday and 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Call ext. 252 to order meals. Take-out meals cannot be placed in person.
- Cottage meals can be picked up at the door to right of the main entrance outside of the Living Room.
- Apartment meals can be picked up in the Living Room. Masks and social distancing is required.
- Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Therapy services will occur in units only.
- Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Fitness Classes are suspended and the Fitness Center will be closed.
- Pool is closed and classes suspended.
- All activities (resident run or Brandermill Woods run) suspended including gatherings in the Common Areas. Stay tuned to BWTV or refer to the Resident app for all cancellations.
- Library will be closed.
- Guest Quarters will be closed.
- Beauty Salon will be closed.
- Common area bathrooms will be open to Brandermill Woods staff and residents only.
- Accounting offices are closed: If you have a billing question for Accounting, please call ext. 278 (Kendall), 279 (Danita), 253 (Cary) or 407 (Mamie).
- Face Masks are required at all times for all staff, residents and approved visitors. Please remember to cover your nose and mouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone.
Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970, as well as our website. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them.
Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas.
Our goal is to contain the virus. To succeed, each of us must follow the updated protocols.
Thank you for your support and cooperation during this time.