Currently we are on a 14-day observation lockdown until July 30th or until further notice depending on COVID-19 Status.
Late Wednesday afternoon we were informed of a new COVID-19 case in our Independent Living Community. Our highest priority at the moment is to do all we can to ensure the safety of all of our residents. We will be providing further updates as our plans moving forward are approved by the Health Department.
We are asking all residents to self-monitor your temperatures two times per day. Wellness nurses will not be available to assist with taking temperatures. If you have any of the following symptoms, please notify the front desk and your physician:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Fever above 99.6
• Chills/shaking with chills
• Muscle pain
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
We are required by the Chesterfield County Health Department to document any resident or employee symptoms and dates for contact tracing.
Effective immediately the following is our protocol:
• Virtual visits only. All onsite visits have been called and cancelled. Only medically necessary visitors allowed.
• Daily screening upon entry to the property and Clubhouse.
Approved reasons for leaving campus:
• Medical appointments
• Grocery Store
• Drive to nowhere
• Leaving for trips overnight is now suspended. Scheduled vacations; if you chose to, you will be quarantined for 14 days upon return.
• Beauty Shop is closed
• Accounting office can be reached by phone only. Kendall (ext. 278) Danita (ext. 279) Cary (ext. 253) Sondra (ext. 287) Mamie (ext. 407)
• Housekeeping is cancelled so that the staff can concentrate on cleaning and disinfecting common areas, hallways, elevators etc.
• Maintenance-Emergency work orders only
• Transportation will continue with medical appointments and limited trips to the grocery stores. Sign up by calling the front desk.
• Shuttle hours: Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
• Take out only 11:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Call ext. 252 to order
• All meals will be delivered to Apartments
• Cottages will pick up their orders at the door (right of the Clubhouse entrance)
• Grab and Go is closed
• Face Masks are required for all staff, residents and approved visitors. Please remember to cover your nose and mouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone.
• Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
• Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
• Fitness Classes are suspended
• Pool is closed and classes suspended
• All activities (resident run or Brandermill Woods run) suspended
• Library will be closed
• We recommend this homemade solution for cleaning and wiping down surfaces on a regular basis: 10-parts water to 1-part bleach.
Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 as well as will continue to provide updates as we receive them.
Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas.
Our goal is to contain the virus, to succeed each of us must following these new protocols. Thank you for your support and cooperation during this time.