Due to the increase in cases and hospitalizations in Chesterfield County, we have decided to continue a modified Step 1 through January 31, 2021. Chesterfield County’s positivity rate has increased to 22.3%, up from 19.4%. The protocol below is effective immediately. Please see the changes in BOLD from the 1/4/21 protocol.
Off-Site and LocalTravel Guidelines
· Residents may leave campus for stores, businesses and medical appointments since they are mandated by social distancing and mask wearing. Visits to family/friends off-site in a non-mandated environment (i.e.a home), will require a 14-day quarantine period upon returning to campus.Of course, we can’t prohibit you from leaving the property, however, if you make the choice to visit family/friends, then we will be required to quarantine you upon your return in order to protect the community and your neighbors.Contact Kristen to arrange.
· What does quarantine mean? The resident will stay in their unit (porch is allowed; if it’s a shared porch, masks must be worn) during the 14-day period. The resident can walk around the outside community grounds with a face mask and following social distancing but not walk in the common areas. Residents with shared porches must wear a mask while on the porch if on quarantine. Housekeeping, maintenance and therapy will not be allowed in the unit. Meals will be delivered, and the delivery charge is waived. Mail will be delivered. Arrange with Kristen if you have a package or mail that needs to be mailed out. Residents in apartments may place trash outside their door Mon-Fri from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00p.m. Essential trips to grocery stores, pharmacy, medical appointments or banks are allowed.
- We will maintain staff at the front of the community to monitor approved guests and residents leaving campus.
- Transportation: Medical Appointments, Pharmacies, Banks, Grocery Shopping trips and Shuttle will continue. Shuttle Hours are Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- To sign up for grocery shopping, banks or pharmacy outings, please call the Front Desk at least 24 hours before outings to ensure transport. Residents going in our vehicles are required to wear a face mask. If driving on your own, please practice social distancing and wear a face mask as needed.
- Brandermill Walkers have been cancelled.
Medically Necessary Approved Visitors
· Medically necessary visitors are allowed inside units and must screen at the kiosk at theClubhouse after arriving on campus. Medically necessary includes medicine management and direct personal care.
· Residents must call the Front Desk to add their approved medically necessary visitor to the list. Residents do not have to call to add Home Health/Hospice or Caregiving Agencies.
· Residents do not need to call to add people who would need to enter in case of emergency; only current medically necessary visitors should be added to the approved list.
· We are requiring weekly COVID-19 negative test results from any caregiver, medically approved visitors and therapists who enter our property. Results from within the last 7 days must be shown to the Receptionist/Security every time they arrive for a shift and get screened. For your convenience, Brandermill Woods staff can administer the test for private caregivers or family members who serve as medically necessary caregivers only on Wednesdays from 9:30 –10:30 a.m. in the Wellness Clinic. Caregivers who work for an agency will arrange their own testing. This requirement will continue until further notice as recommended by the Virginia Health Department. Please contact our Wellness nurses at ext. 203, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. if you have further questions.
· We will be requiring all caregivers, medically approved visitors and therapists to wear an KN95 mask before entering any building or unit.
· Dog walkers and people taking residents to appointments don’t have to be on the approved list or tested if they don’t enter the buildings or units. They will just need to be screened at the kiosk when they come on property and must wear a mask.
· Families/friends dropping off food/gifts at a Cottage (may not enter) don’t have to be screened at the Clubhouse since they aren’t entering the unit.
· Vendors arranged by residents to visit their units (i.e. cable company, computer repair companies, etc.) must screen at the Clubhouse and wear a KN95 mask. Please remember to keep your distance, and wear a mask while they’re in your unit. Residents should not schedule vendors while on quarantine.
· OutsideSpecialists are permitted with a negative COVID test within 7 days of their shift. This includes the Audiologist, Podiatrist, as well as Nail and Hair Technicians. All Specialists are screened, temperatures taken, proper PPE worn and including extra time in between appointments to fully sanitize the area.
Visitation Update and Guidelines
Effective January 15, 2021, we will allow outside visitors with restrictions.
Please be aware that we are discouraging visits due to the impact COVID is having in our state and nation and the increase in the risks to our residents and employees that visitors present.
The following protocols are required for all visitors:
· YOU MUST CALL THE FRONT DESK TO ADD YOUR VISITOR TO THE APPROVED LIST
· Each person would have to receive a negative COVID test result within 2 days of their arrival (suggesting rapid tests since PCR’s sometimes take 2-10 days for results)
· All visitors must be screened at the Clubhouse before entering any unit.
· Max of 4 people- excluding resident
· Each person must wear a KN95 mask at all times. (Food Lion has the mask available)
· Visitors are not allowed in the common areas or Clubhouse restrooms.
· Resident would NOT be required to quarantine 14-days after their guests depart.
· Residents may visit each other’s units as long as neither are on quarantine. Please remember to wear masks and social distance.
· A large banner stating NO VISITORS will remain at the front of the community until we are fully open to visitors without reservations or restrictions. If you see someone and you’re concerned they shouldn’t be on property or you see someone entering a door other than the Clubhouse main entrance, please call theFront Desk. During non-business hours, the Clubhouse Front Door Main Entrance is locked. Residents may enter with a fob during non-business hours.
· Although the weather isn’t ideal, we will offer outdoor visits by reservation only. Please call Amy Willmarth at 744-1173 ext. 303 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
· Reservations will be taken Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· Reservations available everyday.
· 2-4 visitors are allowed at a time, depending on the location.
· Visitors to residents who live in the Cottages may visit in their driveway or front yard (not inside the Cottage, on the porch or in the garage) – still abiding by the 6’ social distance and masks.
· There are 5outdoor locations for scheduled visits with residents residing in theApartments:
o The WestAddition porch
o The Johns’Garden
o The WellnessCenter porch
o The deck off of the Lounge
o The covered area by the Courtyard between the A and B Buildings
· Please disinfect the area at the conclusion of your visit.
· Masks should be worn by residents and visitors at all times.
· A copy of theVisitation Reservation List will be provided to the Front Entrance staff andFront Door Screeners.
· All visitors who have made a reservation must be screened at the Front Entrance Clubhouse doors when arriving on campus. (negative COVID results are not required for outdoor visits)
· Although residents are allowed to have visitors on-campus during scheduled times, the14-day quarantine protocol remains for residents who choose to go off-campus to visit family/friends.
· Carry-out dining will be offered. Dine-in has been discontinued.
· Carry-out hours are:
o Monday – Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30p.m. and 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
o Carry-Out brunch: Sunday 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
o GrabNGo: open during carry-out hours
· Call extension 252 to order a carry-out meal.
· Residents will pick up meals in the alcove opposite The Bistro. Residents in the Cottages should enter and exit through the Wellness Doors to pick up their meal.
· The coffee machines in the common areas will be turned off.
· Happy Hour remains discontinued.
· If you have any dining questions, please contact Steven (ext. 284) or Katie (ext.276).
· In order for our kitchen to maintain the high-volume of quality and efficient take-out orders, we have to limit the number of choices. Menus will be posted daily on BWTV channel 970 and onResident Apps. Allow 15-20 minutes until your meal will be ready. Please use the spacing markers on the floor in this area. Please allow the servers to hand you the to-go meals. Delivery, for a charge, is available for those unable to pick-up. Residents must wear a mask to pick-up meals. If you’ve reached the voicemail on the to-go extensions, please don’t leave a message. Please call back. Stay tuned to BWTV for in-house dining specials.
· All scheduled land and aquatics classes are discontinued.
· Brandermill Walkers has been discontinued.
· The Fitness Center will be open on a reservation-based schedule. One resident (or two if living in the same unit) may reserve a 30-minute workout window by calling 744-1173 ext. 204.
· Fitness Center hours are 6:30 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· We would ask that everyone wear a mask while entering the Clubhouse, and residents should check their temperature prior to leavingt heir unit or at the Clubhouse front doors. Once inside the Fitness Center, masks are not necessary during your workout.
· Please clean the equipment after you use it.
· The Pool will be open on a reservation-based schedule. One resident (or two if living in the same unit) may reserve a 30-minute workout window by calling 744-1173 ext. 204.
· Pool hours are 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
· The Locker Room is closed.
· One-on-one sessions with Jess and Chase have been discontinued.
· Therapy services will be held in resident units only.
· Resident activities and movies have been discontinued.
· Guest quarters will remain closed.
· Residents who live in the Apartments will resume picking up packages and food drop-offs at the Front Desk.
· Face Masks are required for all staff and residents anywhere in the buildings. Please remember to cover your nose andmouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone.
· The Art Room and Craft shop are open to one resident at a time, and instructors are not permitted on property.
· Community shared puzzle tables are closed.
- Maintenance: All work orders will be scheduled, except for residents on quarantine. Call Louise at ext. 285 to place a work order.
- Housekeeping: Service hours and cleaning units will resume, except for residents on quarantine.
- If you have a billing question for Accounting, please visit or call ext. 278 (Kendall), 279 (Danita), 253 (Cary) or 407 (Mamie).
- Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Elaine in the Beauty Salon will return on 1/14/21. Elaine is taking appointments Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please call ext. 259 to make an appointment.
- We recommend this homemade solution for cleaning and wiping down surfaces on a regular basis: 10-parts water to 1-part bleach.
If you think you may have a fever or COVID-19symptoms, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses.
We are updated daily from the CDC and VADepartment of Health regarding this virus and will continue to update you as needed. Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 as we will continue to provide updates as we receive them. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore, ILU Administrator at 521-8273. Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.