The following protocol is in effect for the Independent Living campus. Dining - specific protocol remains uploaded on Resident Apps under the Dining Info icon. We follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop our protocols. As the guidance and regulations change, we will adjust our protocol.
Bolded items are updated from the 9/29 Protocol. Stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 for updates.
Fully vaccinated is defined as 14-days after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14-days after the single dose of J&J.
Triple vaccinated is defined as 14-days after the booster dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14-days after the booster dose of Pfizer or Moderna after the single dose of J&J.
· All staff, caregivers and health aides must be fully vaccinated to work on our property. They must screen at the kiosk and show their vaccination card or a picture of their vaccination card to the Front Desk prior to going to a resident unit. Residents should verify that their hired caregivers are fully vaccinated.
· Contractors working outside do not have to wear masks if they aren’t in close contact with residents.
· Unvaccinated visitors should wear a KN95 or N95 mask while on campus. Residents must accompany their visitors at all times.
· Fully vaccinated visitors must show their vaccination card (or a picture of it) to the Front Desk prior to visiting common shared areas.
· Fully vaccinated visitors for the Cottages don’t need to screen at the kiosk in the Clubhouse, but if they are not vaccinated they will need to continue screening at the kiosk.
Beginning Friday, November 19
· Anyone who is triple vaccinated is no longer required to wear a mask.
· Visitors, caregivers and health aides will receive a wristband at the Front Desk if they are triple vaccinated.
· Visitors receiving wristbands may use the Pool and Fitness Center.
· Parties of 5 or more must make a reservation at both Oscar’s (ext. 405) and The Bistro (ext. 288).
· For Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, and New Year’s Eve and Day, The Bistro will not be accepting parties of more than 6 people.
· During holiday weekends (Thursday-Sunday) dining will not be providing catering services for smaller private events.
· Sunday Brunch is to-go only. No dining in.
· Buffet style dinners will be served in The Bistro Monday-Saturday.
· The weekly dine-in only menu with table service will remain available.
· Oscars will be open Wednesday – Friday.
· Residents may order one meal for their guest per meal period per resident in The Bistro and Oscars.
· Happy Hour in the Lounge will be available Monday – Friday starting at 4:00 p.m.
Beginning Monday, November 22:
· Visitors who are triple vaccinated are permitted in The Bistro. They must show their vaccination card (or a picture of it) to the Front Desk and receive a wristband to enter The Bistro.
· Visitors are not permitted in Oscar’s at this time.
Guidelines for visiting TheHealth Care Community are different than Independent Living. Please refer to the website, www.brandermillwoods.com to see the current visitation policy at The HCC.
Please remember, even if someone is vaccinated, they can still contract COVID-19. If you have the following symptoms: fever, sneezing, headache, runny nose, weak/tired, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses. Do not visit any common areas while experiencing these symptoms. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore at 521-8273. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.