- We will continue with the same limited menu choices for carry-out and dine-in services in order to maintain consistency of offerings to all residents.
- Hours are:
- Monday - Saturday 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Carry-out only
- Sunday and holidays 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Carry-out only
- Monday - Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Dine-in only
- In order to accommodate as many residents as possible for dining, we will be using the following areas:
- The Bistro
- Mannina Lounge
- Four Seasons
- Card Room
- Per the National Restaurant Association and the Chesterfield County Health Department, we are required to abide by social distancing; therefore, we will have tables available for a maximum of 2 residents (no guests).
- We will have a total of 50 tables available for reservations each night.
- Following CDC guidelines, we will be serving on disposable plates, pre-wrapped plastic silverware, condiment packets and plastic cups. We will not be using tablecloths.
- Residents are required to wear their masks until seated and when they leave the table for any reason.
- Residents MUST call the RESERVATION LINE at ext. 405, between 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the desired day in order to reserve a table. For Monday reservations, calls must be placed on Saturday. Residents will receive their specific dining location when they make their reservation.
- Please remember in fairness to all residents, requests for specific dining locations and tables cannot be honored.
- We strongly discourage residents from arriving early to their reservation, and please remember social distancing rules apply while dining.
- If you have a reservation today and try to make a reservation for the following day, you will be placed on a waitlist in order to allow all residents the opportunity to dine-in. If there is an opening, we will call you the day of to inform you of an opening.
- Please remember, we will restart Happy Hour once the Dining Room resumes normal operations.
- The Grab ‘n Go hours will be 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to sell items such as wine, homemade soup, cookies and soft drinks (only while supplies last).
- If you have any dining questions, please contact either Graham (ext. 284) or Katie (ext. 276)
- In order for our kitchen to maintain the high-volume of quality and efficient take-out and dine-in orders, we have to limit the number of choices. You will have a choice of 4 entrees, and the salad, fruit and dessert will be chef’s choice. Menus will be posted daily on BWTV channel 970. For take-out orders, please call extension 252. Allow 15-20 minutes until your meal will be ready for pick-up in the Living Room. Delivery, for a charge, is available for those unable to pick-up. Dining Services are only offered to residents. If you live in a Cottage and picking up a meal, please go to the exterior Living Room door. Do not walk through the building. The staff will meet you at the door to hand you the bag; do not touch the to-go bags on the tables or enter the Living Room exterior door. You may drive, use the Shuttle or walk. Residents who live in the Apartments will pick up their meals from the Living Room. If you’ve reached the voicemail on the to-go extensions, please don’t leave a message. Please call back.
Visitation Update and Guidelines
Residents who want to schedule a two-hour visit should call Dee Dolan at ext. 302 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations will be taken Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Reservations are available: every day (weekdays, weekends and holidays) from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. We will be adhering strictly to the time slots. Visitors must leave campus after their scheduled one-hour visit.
- All Residents (Apartments and Cottages) must schedule visits in advance with the visitors’ name (for tracking purposes), date/time of visit and preferred location. Dee will call back to confirm all reservations.
- Due to social distancing, only 2 visitors per appointment are allowed for the West Addition Porch, Johns’ Garden, Wellness Center Porch and the covered area by the Courtyard Between A and B Building locations. Both names must be given when making the reservation.
- 4 visitors per appointment are allowed for the deck off of the Lounge and the Cottages. All names must be given when making the reservation.
- Children under the age of 5 do not count toward the number of allowed visitors.
- Residents who live in the Cottages may visit in their driveway or front yard (not inside the Cottage or garage) – still abiding by the 6’ social distance and masks are required.
- There are 5 outdoor locations for scheduled visits with residents residing in the Apartments:
- The West Addition porch
- The Johns’ Garden
- The Wellness Center porch
- The deck off of the Lounge
- The covered area by the Courtyard between the A and B Buildings
- Signs will be placed by each of the 5 outdoor locations noting they are the designated area. If a resident is utilizing the space when a visitor and resident arrive for their reservation, the resident should relocate to a new area.
- Each outdoor location will be equipped with sanitizing materials to be used before and after the residents visit. It is the responsibility of each resident and visitor to sanitize the area and wipe down or spray all surfaces touched during the visit.
- Please do not leave any trash in the Visitor locations.
- Furniture will be placed and marked to abide the proper 6’ social distancing.
- Masks should be worn by residents and visitors at all times.
- A copy of the Visitation Reservation List will be provided to the Front Door Screeners.
- Visitors must not enter the Clubhouse to gain access to their outdoor location.
- All visitors who have made a reservation must be screened w/ temperature checked at the Front Entrance Clubhouse doors when arriving on campus.
- Any abuse of the new visitor reservation protocol will result in a 14-day quarantine period.
- Reservations are being taken for our Guest Quarters. While you can make a reservation now, the earliest dates you can book will be September 1st. Call Stephanie at ext. 301 to make a reservation. We will not be taking reservations for rollaway beds at this time.
- Outside Specialists are now allowed to visit Brandermill Woods as long as they have a negative COVID test. This includes the Audiologist, Podiatrist, as well as Nail and Hair Technicians.
- Please remember that medically necessary family members who have to enter units should ONLY stay in the units to complete the necessary task. Extending the stay does not align with meeting our safety protocols.
- A large banner has been placed at the front of the community stating NO VISITORS. We will keep the sign posted until we are fully open to visitors without reservations. We continue to allow medically necessary health providers on campus for residents in the Apartments and Cottages. Medically necessary health providers must come to the Clubhouse main entrance for screening. We have also opened up visitation by reservation only, effective June 10th. Please see above for protocol. If you see someone and you’re concerned they shouldn’t be on property or you see someone entering a door other than the Clubhouse main entrance, please call the Front Desk. The Clubhouse Front Door Main Entrance is locked. Residents may enter with a fob. A call button will be located outside the Clubhouse Front Door for anyone trying to visit the Clubhouse. There will be posted instructions for non-residents, medically necessary visitors to call the Receptionist (or Security after hours) to be screened prior to entering the building. Medically necessary providers or visitors will not be allowed to enter the building if they have a temperature of 99.6 or greater or if they fail the Risk Assessment Screening Questions. Updated questions are located under the COVID-19 icon on Resident Apps. Any medically necessary providers are not permitted to visit any of the common or dining areas.
- We are going to continue to maintain an approved medically necessary visitors list until further notice for tracking purposes. This list will include those who have to enter your homes such as caregivers, home health, hospice, and any person who organizes medicine. This list will also include those who do not enter your homes such as dropping off groceries, dropping off medicine or walking a pet. ONLY visitors on this list (and the reserved visitors list) will be allowed on property. Residents must call Kristen at 521-8273 to add your medically necessary visitor to the list. If you have a last-minute addition after-hours, please call the Front Desk to make them aware of your visitor. All drop-offs to the apartments must be left at the Clubhouse Front Door. Please remind anyone dropping off items for residents in the Cottages to leave items at the doorstep. Do not enter the unit.
- If your family would like to drop off flowers (no trees or shrubs) to be planted at your unit, the staff will be available to assist in planting them. Please call the Front Desk at ext. 250 to coordinate.
- Please don’t have flowers or baked goods delivered to the residents at The HCC/Haven to decrease the risk of exposure. The HCC/Haven are not allowing any visitors.
- We have closed West Addition entrance to medically necessary visitors. Residents may still use this entrance.
- We have resumed normal operations at our Fitness Center with some slight modifications. We would ask that everyone wear a mask while entering the Clubhouse. Once inside the Fitness Center, masks are not necessary during your workout, but we are asking that you adhere to social distancing guidelines. Our team will be conducting extra cleaning on site which may cause a few delays from time to time so please be patient. If we all respect everyone’s safety, we can enjoy the benefits of a good workout. Reservations will no longer be necessary to utilize the Fitness Center; however, we will ask that you clean the equipment you use afterwards.
- We are also offering a limited number of fitness classes in the Meeting Room. Participation will be limited to 14 people for social distancing purposes, so you will need to reserve your spot. Our instructors will continue to take everyone’s temperature prior to the class. Anyone with a temperature above 99.6 will be denied entry. To participate in one of our indoor fitness classes, call ext. 204 the day before the class you would like to attend.
- Brandermill Walkers will begin on July 1. See below under off-site travel guidelines.
- Yoga will begin on July 1 with a contracted instructor.
- We are also resuming our pool classes. We will start out with a limited number of classes which will include 5 residents per class. We do have free swim time available to those who want to participate in their own workout. To make a reservation, call ext. 204 the day before the class you would like to attend. Please remember the locker rooms will remain closed.
- For more information, please refer to the printed letter and schedule included in the 6/20 Bugle.
Off-Site Travel Guidelines
- We have eased some of the restrictions related to off-site visits. With the re-opening of more facilities across the region, we want to give our residents the freedom to get out more. We would ask that everyone wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines. If you plan to visit family, we ask that you limit that to no more than 10 people at a time to reduce the risks of exposure. Overnight trips for 1+ nights by means of a car to locations within a day’s driving are also permitted without quarantine.
- Face Masks are now required for all staff and approved visitors if they come in contact with residents. Disposable surgical masks are suggested but handmade masks may also be used. We are now requiring that all residents coming into the common areas/hallways wear masks or cover their face for their own protection and the protection of others. A resident MUST be wearing a mask to pick up to-go meals. Please remember to cover your nose and mouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone. If you need a cloth mask, please call Activities at ext. 209 and leave a message.
- Transportation: Medical Appointments, Pharmacies, Banks, Grocery Shopping trips and Shuttle will continue. All other activities transportation is cancelled. Trips will be limited to 14 residents. Shuttle will run Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Holiday Shuttle will run 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The following transportation is provided starting on July 1:
- Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. – rotating Publix and Kroger
- Wednesdays at 7:30 a.m. – Brandermill Walkers to Sunday Park; 10:00 a.m. – CVS; 1:00 p.m. – Food Lion
- Fridays at 7:30 a.m. – Brandermill Walkers to Midlothian Mines; 11:00 a.m. – Banks and rotating Walmart/Westchester; 1:00 p.m. - Commonwealth shopping
- To sign up for Brandermill Walkers, grocery shopping, banks or pharmacy outings, please call the Front Desk at least 24 hours before outings to ensure transport. You do not sign-up in the Bluebook. Residents going in our vehicles or on their own should wear a mask and remember good handwashing techniques.
Covid-19 Testing Updates
- Although the Governor is implementing Phase 3 of re-opening on 7/1, this does not mean Brandermill Woods will be following the same guidelines. Since we care for the population that is most at risk for complications from COVID-19, we need to be strategic, paced and deliberate in this decision for the safety of our residents and staff.
- Many residents and family members have asked about testing at Independent Living (IL). Based on guidelines from the Health Department, we will not do a mass testing of IL employees because we don’t have any positive cases on the IL campus. We have had some IL residents and staff get tested on their own, all of which have resulted as negative results. If and when the Health Departments recommend a Point Prevalence Survey of all IL residents and staff (this would only be if we got at least one positive case), we would do so. Obtaining the quantity of tests needed for this type of program continues to be a struggle. Residents and staff have been told if they wish to try and get tested on their own, they may do so. Please let the Wellness Nurses know if you choose to get tested and the results. Many doctors/facilities won’t test someone who is not showing symptoms and hasn’t had direct contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Beauty Salon Update
Who knew a visit to the Beauty Salon would become the talk of the town. The opening of the salon was a big hit among residents. We are expanding our services going forward to provide more flexibility for everyone.
- Elaine is now taking appointments Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Unfortunately, walk-in appointments are still prohibited. Please call ext. 259 to make an appointment.
- For Monday appointments, residents can make individual appointments with Stefanie (hair) by calling 873-3369 or Marcie (nails) by calling 237-2355.
- Various required precautionary measures have been put into place mandated by the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations.
- Temperatures must be taken prior to salon appointments. Residents will first go to the Clubhouse Front Doors to be screened and have temperatures taken, receive a wristband and then proceed to the Salon. Masks are required to enter the Salon and must be worn throughout the service. Tune into BWTV channel 970 for all updates.
- Two appointments are allowed per service provider at a time, so stylists can work with two residents at a time.
- A limited number of appointments will be taken per day to ensure our stylists can fully sanitize after each customer.
- Please do not arrive early to your appointment; the Salon door will remain closed, and only two residents will be allowed in the Salon at a time.
- We have resumed limited resident group activities and movies, and they are going well. We have distributed a July calendar that you can review for more details. Any residents attending the resident group activities should get their temperatures checked at the Front Door prior to attending the activity. Some groups have changed their times, days, or locations. Other groups will resume at a later date. Masks and 6’ distancing will be required for all group activities.
- Genesis Therapy has closed their gym at the HCC/Haven but will provide services to Independent Living residents in their Apartments/Cottages until further notice. Please continue to call 269-0034 to reach Genesis Therapy. Residents will be screened and have their temperatures taken prior to each appointment.
- Due to the cancelation of spring cleaning, the Housekeeping Department will be offering to clean decks, porches and balconies. Please call Ricky Perry at 744-1173 ext. 286 to arrange scheduling.
- Maintenance: We are now taking requests for all work orders. Call Louise at ext. 285.
- Housekeeping: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Accounting: If you have a billing question for Accounting, please call ext. 278 (Kendall), 279 (Danita), or 253 (Cary). Effective July 1, appointments are not necessary to visit Accounting.
- Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
- We recommend this homemade solution for cleaning and wiping down surfaces on a regular basis: 10-parts water to 1-part bleach.
If you think you may have a fever or COVID-19 symptoms, please call your physician first and then call the Wellness Nurses.
We are updated daily from the CDC and VA Department of Health regarding this virus and will continue to update you as needed. Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970 as we will continue to provide updates as we receive them. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore, ILU Administrator at 521-8273. Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.