Please note: Only bullets with changes from the 3/16 memo are included below along with additional updates.
Since we are an organization with a vulnerable population, Brandermill Woods has implemented the following changes for the health of residents and staff:
- The White House urges all people 65 and older to stay home and self-quarantine. We would like to strongly discourage social events and any unnecessary trips (to stores or to see family members) off campus since this could expose the entire community.
- We encourage you to reach out to your family to discuss a plan if there is a government mandated lockdown.
- We are offering assistance to help residents set up online grocery ordering and pharmacy delivery. If you would like help setting up grocery or pharmacy delivery, please contact Jess at ext. 256, Chase at ext. 409, or Stephanie at ext. 301.
- A large banner has been placed at the front of the community stating NO VISITORS. This applies to residents in the Apartments AND Cottages. Only medically necessary health providers are allowed on campus. Medically necessary providers will not be allowed to enter the building if they have a temperature of 100.4 or greater or if they fail the Risk Assessment Screening Questions. We would appreciate any medically necessary providers visiting the Cottages to be screened at the Clubhouse Front Door as well. *new questions include traveling to/from or been around someone who visited the Tidewater area or have visited or been around someone who visited Westminster Canterbury. (This is due to the confirmed case of COVID-19 in that community.) Updated questions are located under the COVID-19 icon on Resident Apps.
- If residents plan to travel outside of Virginia or in the Tidewater, VA area or visited or been in close contact with someone who visited Westminster Canterbury, they will be required to contact Kristen and quarantine themselves in their units for 14 days upon their return to assure they have no COVID-19 symptoms. Travel within Virginia will be reviewed on a case by case situation based on the current testing in the state of Virginia. Contact Kristen with any of your travel plans.
- Brandermill Woods vendors and contractors are no longer allowed on property. Only vendors that are here for an emergency or delivery are allowed on property.
- Please don’t have flowers or baked goods delivered to the residents at The HCC/Haven to decrease the risk of exposure.
- Genesis Therapy has closed their gym at The HCC/Haven but will provide services to Independent Living residents in their Apartments/Cottages until further notice. Please continue to call 269-0034 to reach Genesis Therapy. Residents will be screened and have their temperatures taken prior to each appointment.
- Dining: For take-out orders, please call extension: 252 between 11:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Sundays. Allow 15-20 minutes until your meal will be ready for pick-up in the Living Room.
- Residents who live in the Cottages should pick-up their meals at the Living Room exterior door. Staff will meet you at the door with your food. Do not enter through the Main Clubhouse Doors. To avoid traffic in the Clubhouse and unnecessary screening, we are requesting residents from the Cottages not to walk through the buildings to get to the Living Room. You may drive, use the Shuttle or walk. Residents who live in the Apartments will pick up their meals from the Living Room. This will help us with the requirements that Gov. Northam just put into place that no more than 10 people should be in a restaurant at any given time.
- To sign up for grocery shopping or pharmacy trips, please call the Front Desk. You do not sign-up in the Bluebook. Stock up on essentials and prescriptions.
- Transportation: Shuttle will run Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Please check with your doctors’ offices prior to making medical transportation requests because many medical offices are cancelling or rescheduling appointments.
Clarification of Residents Leaving the Property
Currently, the risk assessment questions for COVID-19 include the following: “Have you been in close contact with someone who has traveled to/from or lives outside the state of Virginia OR lives in the Peninsular area (Williamsburg, Yorktown) OR Northern Virginia in the last 14 days.” If the person answers YES to this question, they are not allowed in our building or on our property.
Therefore, if a resident goes off property to visit family/friends or a gathering and comes in close contact with someone from the above areas, they will need to notify Kristen and will be quarantined for 14 days.
We are strongly discouraging residents from leaving the community. Of course we can’t prohibit you from leaving the property, however, if you make the choice to leave and knowingly are around someone from out of state or the Peninsula or Northern VA area, then we will be required to quarantine you upon your return in order to protect the community and your neighbors.
We are updated daily from the CDC and VA Department of Health regarding this virus and will continue to update you as needed. Please stay tuned to BWTV as we will continue to provide updates as we receive them. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kristen Moore, ILU Administrator at 521-8273. Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.