Currently, we are on observation through December 6 or until further notice depending on our COVID-19 status.
This morning, we were informed of two new COVID-19 cases from the Maintenance Staff in our Independent Living Community. This, along with Chesterfield County’s positivity rate (10.8%) increasing and the recent Thanksgiving holiday, has contributed to the observation through December 6 or until further notice depending on COVID-19 status. Our highest priority at the moment is to do all we can to ensure the safety of all of our residents. We will be providing further updates as our plans moving forward are approved by the Health Department.
We are asking all residents to self-monitor your temperatures two times per day. Wellness nurses will not be available to assist with taking temperatures. If you have any of the following symptoms, please notify the Front Desk and your physician:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fever above 99.6
- Chills/shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
We are required by the Chesterfield County Health Department to document any resident or employee symptoms and dates for contact tracing.
Effective immediately the following is our protocol:
- Virtual visits only. Only medically necessary visitors allowed inside units. Residents must call the Front Desk to add their approved medically necessary visitor to the list. We will NOT be using our prior approved list. Residents do not have to call to add Home Health/Hospice or Caregiving Agencies. They will be granted access.
- Screening upon entry to the Clubhouse or West Addition.
- Maintenance will be completing emergency work orders only.
- Transportation will continue to medical appointments and the scheduled store trips on Wednesday and Friday. Sign up by calling the Front Desk.
- Tuesday’s Activities Trip will be cancelled.
- Shuttle hours: Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Take-out only: 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Saturday and 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Call ext. 252 to order meals. Take-out meals cannot be placed in person.
- All meals can be picked up in the Lounge.
- Wellness Nurses: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Therapy services will occur in units only.
- Front Desk: Service hours will continue as usual.
- Fitness Classes are suspended and the Fitness Center will be closed.
- Pool is closed and classes suspended.
- All activities (resident run or Brandermill Woods run) suspended including gatherings in the Common Areas.
- Library will be closed.
- Guest Quarters will be closed.
- Face Masks are required for all staff, residents and approved visitors. Please remember to cover your nose and mouth with the mask, and do not remove the mask to talk to someone.
Please stay tuned to BWTV channel 970, as well as our website. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them.
Please continue to wash your hands and use hand sanitizer located at the entrance doors. If you are not feeling well, please contact your physician and do not visit the common or dining areas.
Our goal is to contain the virus, to succeed each of us must following these new protocols. Thank you for your support and cooperation during this time.